COVID SAFE RETURN TO ACTIVITY
AUFC Timbers & Thorns are under the jurisdiction of New Mexico Youth Soccer Association and fully subscribe to the US Youth Soccer KidSafe initiatives, the USYS Code of Conduct, USSF Recognize to Recover and has adopted NMYSA’s statewide risk management program. For detailed information on the NMYSA Risk Management Program, you can view the NMYSA Risk Management Program in its entirety.
RETURN TO ACTIVITY COVID UPDATE, (8/20/21)
Effective 8/20/21, the New Mexico Public Health Order issued on 8/17/21, requires all individuals ages 2 years and older to wear a mask or multilayer cloth face covering in all indoor public settings except when eating or drinking. New Mexico Youth Soccer will continue to follow all NM PHOs and COVID Safe Practices available at https://cv.nmhealth.org/.
If you go to the NMYSA site under the COACHES tab, then to Risk management/covid, it has monthly updates. NMYSA is following the NM Activities High School protocol.
If coaches, players and administrators are not comfortable beginning soccer trainings, it is important they understand that they should not! No one should pressure or pressure others into a decision to participate.
- If you are sick or have symptoms of an illness:
- Stay home. Stay home regardless of what is causing your illness.
- If you are confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 practice self-quarantine measures and contact your physician.
- To discontinue quarantine and return to sport, obtain appropriate clearance from your medical provider.
- If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID 19:
- Begin self-quarantine for 10 days.
- Advise your instructor, club or coach if any possible exposures have occurred in your team, training or club environment. Parents (and not the minor player) should communicate with the club or coach, in accordance with the Safe Soccer Framework and the U.S. Center for SafeSport policies and guidance.
It is imperative that all NMYSA members adhere to the Public Health Orders, NMYSA Protocols and NM COVID Safe Practices in order for us to maintain our open/sanctioning status with the State. Non-compliance may result in sanctions against violators, Soccer being restricted by Health Order and/or our ability to move forward to another phases/league play. Please ensure compliance so that our youth can play soccer!