Paul Maestas, assistant coach at The University of New Mexico & U18 AUFC Thorns coach, is our college coordinator. With his unique experience and expertise he helps guide our older players through the college recruitment process. This includes multiple planning seminars with teams U15 and up, exclusive insight into college soccer and recruitment, Student Athlete Q & As, and more. We are extremely lucky to have Paul on staff to help our players navigate through this important time.
At U15, we recommend that all players investigate options available for participating in college soccer. This program guides parents and players on the selection of colleges, the differences between the college athletic programs and how players should proceed in pursuing their college goals. The following tools are provided:
- Sport Source – A college selection and application guidance tool.
- The five governing bodies of college sports : NCAA | NAIA | USCAA | NCCAA | NJCAA
- NCAA E legibility Center – You need to be certified by the NCAA Eligibility Center to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school. Create a Profile Page if you plan to compete at a Division III school or are not yet sure where you want to compete. You’ll get an NCAA ID, and the NCAA will send you important reminders as you complete high school.
- You need to create a Certification Account to make official visits to Divisions I and II schools or to sign a National Letter of Intent.
- Showcase Tournaments – Our Sporting and Technical Directors advise coaches on tournaments for players to be seen by college coaches throughout the local region and nationally.
- Player ID Camps – 2020 College ID Camp List
College Planning Seminar Events
College Recruitment Seminar with Paul Maestas
When: Please have your coach/manager reach out to Paul
Where: Jewish Community Center, Classroom 101 (5520 Wyoming Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109)